Have you ever asked yourself as to when are you going to lose weight? How about losing weight? Let’s face it; keeping a regular workout schedule is almost close to impossible. We often drown ourselves with work that going to the gym seemed so tough these days that you prefer sleeping after the work is done.
As hard as it may sound but yes, we often find ways to excuse ourselves from working out and end up hating that we are still not losing weight! BUT before you begin hating yourself, it’s time to take this situation to a positive one! In this article, we will review the best rowing machine that you can find the market today and how you can use it to help yourself. So what are you waiting for?
Here are the top 5 rowing machines that you can check out and see if rowing machine is indeed the kind of exercising equipment you need:
The Top 5 Best Rowing Machines to Check out This Year
- Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 Review
- Stamina Air Rower Review
- Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine Review
- Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine with Free Motion Arms Review
- WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor Review
Below, you will find the brief reviews of the top 5 best rowers available in the market now.
1. Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5
This rowing machine is one of the most popular rowers among many users today. It is made to be light weight weighing only at 57 pounds and is about 8 feet by 2 feet when it is fully assembled. It features a distance tracker, speed monitor and at the same time records your pace as well as the calories burned while working out.
It also comes with pre-set workouts and games that you can choose from. What’s great about this rower is that it can be easily used by all and can be set into the fitness level they desire. Another good thing about this rower is that it comes with a 14 inch-seat, an adjustable footrest and handle bars that are ergonomic. It can also fold in to two so it will be easy to store and keep. The Concept 2 Model D can also accommodate users whose weight can go as heavy as 500 pounds so you know that this rowing machine is very sturdy and durable to use.
You are yet to be satisfied with concept 2 rowing machine, the detail review is available here or click the link below to shop for this product.
2. Stamina Air Rower
Known for being affordable and made of high-quality parts and materials, the Stamina Air rower is one of the best rowers in the market today. It is made from steel frames and upholstered and padded sliding seats which have proven to be very comfortable to sit on by many users. It comes with big footpads that can accommodate any foot size and keep them in safe with the use of adjustable straps to secure them in place.
It is also designed with a computer monitor display that helps in keeping track of your speed, calories burned, distance as well as workout time. Stamina Air Rowers can be folded into two so storage is easy and does not consume space in your home or office. Its maximum weight capacity is around 250 lbs. so any user within this weight range can definitely enjoy a good workout on this rowing machine.
The information provided here about the stamina rowing machine is robust for shopping decision but you might want the detail specification. Click here to for the full review, if not we help you with a link down for you to consider this product.
3. Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
According to many rowing machine reviews, the Stamina Body Trac rowing machine is becoming one of the favorite rowers in the markets today. Why you ask? This is because it is not only affordable but also among the easiest rowing machines to use/operate. This machine is built to be around 39 lbs. but is packed with great features that any user will surely love.
It is designed with a compact footprint that you can easily rest your feet in. it also has an adjustable gas-shock resistance feature that can make your workouts more comfortable. It also comes with a display monitor that helps in monitoring your calories, stroke counts and time of workout. It is made from sturdy and durable materials too so you know for certain that it is a reliable piece of workout equipment.
Just like the previous rowers, this too, can be folded into two and stored away neatly. It is relatively light so you don’t have to worry about dragging it around. Simply fold the machine once you are done working out and you will see that it’s that easy to store.
The full review is available here should in case you want to digest more specs concerning the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine.
4. Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine with Free Motion Arms
If you want a more budget-friendly indoor rowing is the Stamina 1215. This rowing machine is designed to copy the feeling of an actual row boat while rowing in water. The free motion arms allows the user to make use of their upper body muscles like the back, arms, shoulders and back to move as they are rowing. It is also designed with padded seats that allow the user to sit comfortably while doing their workout. It is also designed with attractive features too; the compact footprint is designed nicely and can be stored easily.
It can also occupy even the smallest workout areas in your home or if you want to bring it in your office, you can as well. Plus it only weighs around 52 lbs. so you can be sure that it’s an easy thing to carry around. It’s priced reasonably and is good for those who are looking for a quick cardio workout. It is also made with durable materials so you know for certain that you can rely on this rowing machine for a long time.
5. WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor
Last but not the least of the rowers you should check out this year is the WaterRower Natural Rowing Machines. Unlike other rowers in the market, this machine works with the use of water resistance with a flywheel spinning in water. This mechanism simply allows you to row just like you are rowing in a river or lake.
Not only that, the machine’s water sounds makes it even more inspiring to work out more in this machine. This rowing machine is designed to be very comfy to seat on and has a size that will not take much of the space. It is easy to store and lift so you don’t have to worry about keeping it away once you are done using the machine. It is also affordable and can be used in any space. The S4 is made with a wonderful LED display that allows you to check your vitals, speed, calories burned and at the same time see how far you have rowed.
It also allows you to monitor your heart rate so in case you have been working out too fast or too much, you can see how it affects your cardio time. Plus, this machine is made with durable materials so you know that you cannot go wrong with your money in this one! Read more about the water rower natural rowing machine
So there you go, the top 5 rowing machines to check out whenever you feel like you need to shop for a rowing machine but before you do any of your equipment shopping, make sure that you know what you are looking for. It is essential that you know how why you need to buy such equipment so you know if it is a good investment or not. We will like you go through the full review on this product.
Why Should You Use Rowing Machines for Working Out?
There are plenty of reasons why you should try rowing machines for your workout but among those reasons, we have narrowed down the top four health benefits that you can achieve when you are using rowing machines. Here are the top four:
- It helps reduce stress – are you constantly stressed from work? Perhaps you need a break and release that stress? If you are then take rowing machine classes or if you can, buy a rowing machine that you can use in your office or home. Rowing machine is very helpful in releasing stress and is a very good equipment to use whenever you feel stressed out. This provides you the physical activity you need that helps stimulate the pleasure centers of your brain. It is also a great way to do cardio workouts and helps in increasing the endorphins of your body. When the endorphins are increased, the body experiences less stress. This result to a happier mood and when you are happy, you can certainly do more things, right?
- It helps in toning your muscles – rowing machines are known for being helpful in toning your muscles specifically the major muscle groups. Since this is a low impact workout, the user can work on their back, legs, buttocks and hips within each stroke on the machine. They also use the upper muscles of the body which helps in strengthening the arms, back and shoulders. The core is also engaged when you are working out so you can say that rowing machines can help in toning your muscles well and at the same time build your muscles.
- It helps you lose weight – we all have problems losing weight and to be honest, it’s a tough process to go through. This is especially true to those who are in their late 30s however, with the use of a rowing machine; losing weight can be done in the easiest way. A rowing machine can help you lose weight within a few months of regular usage. It can help burn calories of up to 300 in just a short span of 30 minutes. So imagine what it can do to your body just by spending at least one hour of rowing each day?
- It’s a great tool for your cardio workout – now before you say no to cardio, think again. This type of exercising equipment has proven to be very helpful in cardio exercises. It helps in increasing your heart rate by adjusting the speed and tension when rowing. In return, this exercise machine can help not only your heart but also improve and strengthen it. It also helps in keeping your lungs and circulatory system on the go just as long as you keep an effective routine of exercise in this machine.
See, owning a rowing machine can have its perks! Still not convinced? If you are still having doubts about owning a rowing machine then it’s best that you know the different types of rowers out there. This way you can know for certain that the machine you are getting suits your needs and is according to your budget.
The Different Types of Rowing Machines
Before you buy your rowing machine, understand how it works first. A rowing machine works by resistance which means that the harder your workout is, the harder this machine works as well. Compared to other exercising equipment like a treadmill, row machines don’t work like your routine treadmill running does. You will fully understand how each work by knowing what the different types of rowing machines are.
1. Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machines
This type of row machine makes use of electromagnets that provide the resistance you need. The main flywheel is slowed down as the user works harder to keep the momentum of the row machine going. These types of row machine are excellent as they make very little noise and the resistance settings are adjustable. However since they are designed to be rigid, this rower cannot be lifted easily compared to others. They might also need a bigger space in your home, office or whatever space you would like to do your workout.
2. Air resistance rowing machines
This machine is designed with a huge flywheel that holds a fan blade. This fan blade helps I creating resistance when being used and at the same time creates a cool breeze when the user is working out intensely. Like any other rower, the harder you work on this, the stronger the resistance goes as well.
3. Water Resistance Rowing Machines
This kind of rower is one described as the “closest” to having a realistic action as it actually uses water as the resistance. It is designed with an enclosed water tank and paddles inside it. As the user works out, the paddles turn in the water and give you a more “natural” feel of water resistance. The only disadvantage of this is that the water can be a bit heavy if you are not used to it however this is one of the most popular kinds of rowing machines used by many people.
4. Piston Resistance Rowing Machine
Piston resistance are designed to have a pair of hydraulic pistons which are attached to the handlebars of the rower. They are also one of the most affordable rowers in the market. Not only that, they can be easily folded and tucked away compared to the magnetic resistance type of rower.
Now that you know the different kinds of rowing machine, it is important that you know how to take care of it. Keeping your rowing machine in good shape can be very useful in the future plus it removes the possibility that you need to buy another one within a few months or so.
Tips on How to Keep Your Rowing Machine in Good Condition
Taking good care of your rowing machine is beneficial for you. A well taken-cared of row machine can last for years and years which is why it is a must that you know how to take care of it. To do that, here are some easy tips that you can do to keep your row machine in good shape:
- Before working out, make sure to check the machine first. See to it that all the screws, bolts, chains, handles and other important parts are secured well. The parts that are often used must be checked regularly and see to it that they are in good condition before you use it.
- Make sure to check out the machine first. Run a test on the machine and see how it works. This will give you the chance to see if the machine is working properly and smoothly.
- Start slow with your workout. Do not exhaust the machine your first try as this can wear and tear the parts easily.
- Once you are done with your workout, make sure to clean it before keeping it in storage. Clean the machine with dry towel or cloth and remove the sweat or oil that builds up when you are working out. Clean the seat and handles as well so you can use it easily on your next workout.
How to Choose the Best Row Machine When Buying One
So you already know what are the different types of rowing machines, you now know how to take care of them before and after working out. We even gave you the top 5 row machines to check out, sounds like you are ready to buy, right? However, before you do proceed, you must know how to choose the best kind of rower. And in order to do that, here are some of the things that you need to know:
First of all, make sure that you have done your homework on the type row machine that you want. Know your budget as well and select the type of row machines that you have your eyes on. Compare these rowing machines from each other.
After comparing, narrow down your searches and see which ones suits your taste or needs when working out. Once you have chosen the type of row machine you like, remember these:
- The company that makes the rowing machine.
- The number of years this company has been making row machines will usually tell you that they are trusted by a lot of people.
- See if there are many positive feedbacks from users and clients of their product. If the customer satisfaction is lower than expected then avoid buying their product.
- The price range should always matter. It should be according to your budget range.
- It should be made from durable materials and must be recommended by professional trainers.
- It should have a warranty on parts and replacement of units in case it breaks down after a few days or months of using.
- It should be approved and checked according to the row machine standards.
- Safety precautions and breaks should be an essential part of the row machine so make sure to check if they have that feature.
Buying a rowing machine is probably one of the best decisions you will ever make. It’s an easy machine to use without the hassle of operating and using the devices attached to it. If you want to be in good shape and at the same time maintain it, using a rowing machine can definitely help you out.
Now that you know the benefits of a rowing machine, how to use it, the different types, the maintenance and the things to look for when buying one, go ahead and give it a try. Make sure that the ones you choose is worth the investment too. This way you can say that you never made the wrong choice, good luck!