This Nautilus R614 Recumbent bike is a great exercise bike for this price range. Nautilus is one of the few top of the line exercise machine brands.
They have been being innovative for over 40 years and revolutionizing this health and fitness industry with amazing brand for fitness.
There are lots of fitness products out in the market, but when you are looking for quality, not many of them pop up.
And this big number will confuse you easily. At the same time, there is no single best product in the market.
As the technologies get updated, the machines are designed for some specific utilities. You may be looking for a fitness bike, but the best one for me might not be the right one for you.
There are features and other specifications you must know about. And then find the right one. Here we will be talking about one of the best recumbent exercise bikes, Nautilus R614.
Nautilus R616 is a product continuing the legacy of the brand Nautilus, with amazing sturdy construction and other features.
With the basic features, it has also some additional features that will make your life pretty much easier. The solid quality of Nautilus R614 has made this one of the best recumbent bikes in the market.
Key features of Nautilus R614 Recumbent Bike
- This amazing recumbent bike is featured with 20 levels of resistance. It is controlled and displayed through the console. This allows a wide number of users to use this exercise bike without any effort. No matter you are a newbie or an expert you can easily set the bike at the level of intensity you want. It is very easy to switch in between. The increment is very small, from very easy to very hard. There is also quick jump buttons you will find on the console. Nautilus R634 is featured by magnetic resistance and therefore it can offer you a smooth, quiet experience without any maintenance.
- The Nautilus R614 comes with a good sized console with two LCD displays. With two user profiles the console has 22 programs and 13 measures. You can connect this with Nautilus connect so that you can upload, analyze and track your data. Also you can connect with myfitnesspal.com. None of the displays is backlit and at the top of the console there are a USB port and media port.
- Nautilus R614 features a belt drive and a perimeter weighted flywheel for quiet and easier pedaling motion.
- To provide a sturdy platform for pedaling Nautilus R614 comes with a single crank and regular sizes pedals. Those pedals have plastic straps to prevent you feet slipping off. If you’re a shoe size over 11, you might find it a bit trouble and might need to take the straps off.
- It has seat and backrest, those are vented plastic. They are pretty comfortable but no padded. The vented plastic lets the heat escape so that you don’t have to end up with a sweaty back. The backrest is not adjustable.
What we like about Nautilus R614 Recumbent Bike
- One of the most important reasons why you should choose Nautilus R614 recumbent exercise is because it has a lot of resistance levels and workout programs. This recumbent bike features 20 magnetic resistance and 22 workout programs. So there is no chance that you will get bored with the same old workout routine. Always there are options so that you can change the resistance level for variation, also you can choose from 22 different workout programs.
- The console is another big impression. Nautilus R614 has 2 LCD displays. Although the displays are not backlit displays, they provide the users with lots of performance data like speed, time, distance, calories burnt, pulse rate and Rotations per Minute (RPM). You can connect the console with fitness apps and thus you can upload and analyze the workout data. This will help you to be on track. The console has built-in speakers. To make your workout less monotonous there is media tray, you can connect your phone or tablet and a three-speed fan.
- The sliding seat can be adjusted forward. There is no padding on the seat but it is made of vented plastic. This helps to keep you cool allowing the heat to escape. The back support is also vented, so there is no chance to get too hot during workout.
- This machine can support up to 300 pounds and it can accommodate people of any height. You can adjust the machine according to your height. The frame is very sturdy and well constructed.
What we don’t like about Nautilus R614 Recumbent Bike
There is no big issue with the Nautilus R614 recumbent bike. If you like padded seat then this might be a problem for you. Many of its users are pretty happy with the vented plastic as it keeps them cool. But many of them wants padded seat for more comfort. There is a cooling fan in the console, it is quite a great feature, but some users have complained that the fan is not powerful enough and the performance is not that satisfactory. The pedals are fairly small and that might not be ideal for the people with large feet. Also you would love to have a backlit displays as the actual display is quite hard to read.
The flaws are actually very minor flaws and you will definitely agree with us that you can easily deal with them. The big brother of the Nautilus R614 is the Nautilus R616. That has overcome these minor flaws, but will cost you few hundred dollars more. If you have a budget then it will not be wise to go for that one. So you can easily deal with this Nautilus R614 recumbent bike. This easy to assemble machine has smooth and soundless operations. It shows all the readings that you need to follow. Nautilus R614 recumbent bike is a very smart choice and will help you achieve any fitness goals no matter what level you are at.