If you searching for a good Recumbent Bike and arrived in this page. It means that you might have known Schwinn fitness products, and you are finding for Schwinn 230 recumbent exercise bike reviews, is that right?
It is very important to read more reviews or go to gym at your local area to find more information before you deciding to buy a product. From the reviews or information you got from the gym, you will know it is worth for invest or not.
Schwinn fitness is a trusted brand that brought the iconic Schwinn bicycling technology to home fitness. The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike was designed to improve on the typical exercise bike in several ways. Starting from serious improvements like a better and more enjoyable ergonomic design to little bonus features primarily intended for user advantage (like a USB port for charging your favorite devices).
Schwinn Fitness has continued to help people live a healthy and active lifestyle by delivering high quality, innovative and industry awarded cardio product to the home user. According to our research this machine has all the features you need for a recumbent exercise bike at this price level.
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike Features
Ease of use
This recumbent bike is user friendly even for beginners, because it has a big controls that make it easy to change the programs. And because of the variety of the program you will not get bore with your exercise. Most rider have showed great satisfaction wih its user-friendliness.
This recumbent exercise bike comes with a high speed and high inertia perimeter-weighted flywheel. That’s designed to have the weight at the perimeter of the wheel instead of all over the circle.
This perimeter-weight design creates inertia as a response to the stroke it gets. And As the result, when you spin the wheel, you will get smooth and consistent strokes.
This recumbent Exercise bike using a monitor that able to display 13 statistical parameters split into two
- One with the progress of the workout goal and
- The other one with the results of the current workout session
Results show you the overall calories, distance, RPM, intensity, pulse and many more. With these menus will be a good way to motivate yourself and see how far you’ve come with your training goal.
If you really concern about your workout data and statistics, you can actually copy all of the info into your USB drive.
Crank and Pedals
This exercise machine comes with 1-piece pedal cranks with standard pedals and toe straps. This allows your feet to have a sturdy fastener to the pedals so you can make the pedal stroke effectively.
LCD Display and Readouts
Since the LCD doesn’t use batteries but plugs in to the wall, so you won’t have problems like seeing your display dim and become unreadable once the batteries run out.
The Schwinn 230 recumbent bike comes with the Dual Track 2 LCD window system. This device has two windows which are made of LCD on the console.
The upper display is a large LCD display size is 3 inches by 5 inches located at the center and top of the console.
It comes with menu sections to show you the information of your workouts. The console comes with many preset information which have been store inside the computer.
You can select the program from there. On the screen you can see the information for the program. The flashing column indicate the level you in right now.
You can see the level intensity on the left of the upper display. While on the very left of it has the number 1-10 which show the current intensity level.
On the right of the panel, you can view your current heart rate. The information can be used as your workout guide for a certain target zone like anaerobic, aerobic or fat burn.
While in the mid-center below the main course profile, you can find other minor displays including:
- Goal display, it shows you the current selected goal whether it is calories, distance or time. Also, it is display the current value to achieve the goal and show you how many percent you have completed toward the goal.
- User display, there are two user profile and it shows which user profile you are using.
- Achievement display, the display will be activated once you have achieve your workout goal. The console will give your a congratulation message to inform you along with celebrating sound.
Lower Display Data
At this screen it will show you the workout values. and can be customized for each User (see the “Edit User Profile” section on user manual).
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike is using perimeter-weighted flywheel which reduce it noise level. Make it become an extremely quiet exercise bike. With this recumbent exercise bike you’ll be able to watch TV or listen to music while riding.
- It offers a wide variety of programs to choose from. You will be more motivated and able to achieve your exercise goal.
- Good and accurate resistance system that allows you to have great workout.
- A walk through frame for easy access.
- A big unit’s display make it easy to read.
- The product works silently without much disturbing noise.
- Comes with both a USB and a 1/8 inch stereo jack so you can plug in an iPod or mp3 player.
- The unit has a convenient handle on the back stabilizer-bar (cross bar) for lifting.
- The seat comes with a slider rail system and the lever which is easy to adjust.
- It is suitable to the people at the height between 5 ft to 6 ft. Anyone who is taller or shorter may have to look for other models.
- The LCD screen is not backlit. It is therefore hard to read in the dark.
- The adapter cord to be connected to the plug makes it difficult to move around.
- A few people complain that the seat is too hard. But most rider do not complain and like it. Solutions: If you are afraid that this perforated plastic seat will be an issue for you, you might want to get Schwinn 270 which has thick padded seat. You will get additional features. But of course, the price will be significantly more (almost double).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the seat on the 270 compatible with the 230?
No, the seats for the Schwinn 270 and the Schwinn 230 are not cross-compatible.
Why won’t the bike show me my heart rate? I checked the plugs and they all seem to be in.
Please call the Customer Support department. Their phone number is 800-605-3369 and their operation hours are M – F, 6 am to 5 pm, PST.
Where can I find the Serial number?
Please check page 4 of your owner’s manual and you’ll see an illustration of the location.
Is it entirely electric or will it run by batteries also?
The Schwinn 230 is powered via AC adapter (electricity) only and does not use batteries.
I am only 5 feet tall. Is it good for a small person?
Schwinn bikes are made for people 5 feet tall and up.
What is the main difference between the recumbent 230 and 270 models?
The main differences are how the bikes look cosmetically, the look of the display and the amount of programs available on the machine. For example, the Schwinn 230 has a standard LCD screen, whereas the Schwinn 270 has a backlit LCD screen. Functionally though, the bikes are fairly similar.
Do I have to assemble the bike?
Yes, the Schwinn 230 does come with some assembly required. To get an idea of the amount of assembly involved in this machine, please review the attached assembly manual.
What is the power source?
Regular wall plug (A/C adapter).
I would like to know what country the parts are from and where this is made?
The manual just says “imported”. There is a sticker on the frame that says “Made in China”.
Warranty Options and Manual Books
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike User’s Manual
Schwinn 230 Warranty
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike gets a lot of positive reviews from the customers.
The strong points of this exercise bike are the functions on the console, the special flywheels that makes the ride smooth and performance tracking.
However, there are some complaints about the hard seat but that may not be much of an issue since most riders still say that the seat is comfortable. Solution for this issue, you can add your own cushion or using two folded towels to as cushions.